RULES AND POLICIES
Please read the following camp rules and regulations to make your stay more enjoyable and to receive your full security deposit back. Please be sure that all members of your party are aware of these responsibilities to ensure your security deposit is returned after your stay is complete.
CHECK IN time is 4:00 pm. Please do not arrive before check in as cleaning crew needs to complete the cleaning from previous guests. NO EXCEPTIONS.
CHECK OUT time is 11:00 am. Please DEPART BY THIS TIME so cleaning can be completed for next guests. If you stay past check out you will be responsible for a late check out fee.. NO EXCEPTIONS.
RENTAL OCCUPANCY AND AGE REQUIREMENTS
Each property indicates the number of occupants allowed in a property at any one time. Exceptions are made for children age 3 and younger.
The person renting must be age twenty-five (25) or older, in addition the majority of the group must be twenty-five (25) or older. Proof of age will be requested.
Please note that we do not rent to fraternities, sororities or other large party-type groups (such as bachelor, bachelorette, spring break, and graduation groups), due to damage in houses by these types of rentals.
NEIGHBORHOOD COURTESY: Please respect the property of others and do not park on neighboring property. Do not block other vehicles, stairways or beach accesses. Use designated public accesses for beach access. Do not use chairs, tables, fishing equipment or any other items from neighboring properties. For the protection of your surrounding neighbors, please note that we do not rent to fraternities, sororities or other large party-type groups (such as bachelor, bachelorette, spring break, and graduation groups). If such groups or activities listed below are identified we reserve the right to vacate all persons from the premises without refund.
Person booking rental MUST be staying at camp for rental duration
No drinking by minors
No illegal drugs
No activity that would disturb neighbors ie; rowdy behavior, public nudity, loud, drunken or other obnoxious behavior
No loud music after 9 p.m.
GARBAGE: ALL GARBAGE MUST BE BAGGED including cans, paper, boxes, and plastics etc. Bagged trash must be taken to the garbage containers near the road. Do not leave any garbage in the trash cans under, around or in the camp. Trash should be put out on Sunday and Wednesday nights regardless of your check out date.
Raw Seafood – Do not place raw seafood of any kind in the garbage containers. This includes fish, shrimp, crabs or any other raw seafood. Please dispose at a marina where you have used the launch or bought bait and dispose of it at their designated dump site. You can also bury in ground/levees. No bones or fins should protrude
Boiled Seafood – Double bag before putting in trash cans or disposed of by burying in ground/levee or at designated area at a Marina.
It only takes a couple of hours for the heat to rot seafood, gather flies, produce maggots and create an unpleasant odor around the camp.
FOOD PREPARATION: Do not move the boiling pots or grills to the upper deck, please use in the area provided. This includes the cleaning of fish etc., boiling and grilling. The following three items must be performed outside of the camp
Fish Station – Please clean the fish preparation area after each use Remove all raw seafood and fish scales from all areas. Do not store shrimp, crabs and other seafood in the refrigerator. Please keep in coolers.
BBQ – Because of possible flames, BBQ in open areas only. Once charcoal has cooled please remove charcoal from pit and discard in garbage bag. Please maintain the BBQ pit during your stay.
Boiling – Wash boiling pot (also area surrounding it) and return to storage when you’re finished
Turn off propane tanks when finished boiling, wash boil pots and pick up any trash, food, shrimp shells, etc. Rinse tables, counters and concrete with fresh water. If barbeque pits, boil pots, burners, or outdoor tables and furniture have been moved, please return them to the areas where you found them.
CAMPERS/MOBILE HOMES: NO mobile homes, campers, trailers, tents or any other type of additional sleeping units are allowed on any of our properties. IF found you will be asked to vacate premises without refund.
SMOKING POLICY: There is no smoking allowed inside the camp. Please smoke on the outside porches and decks and use an appropriate receptacle for cigarette butts etc. Please do not throw smoking material on the decks, porches, lawns or grounds. An additional fee will be charged for cleaning the yard of cigarette butts and trash.
TOWELS AND LINENS: All linens, blankets, pillows, mattresses and comforters and provided for indoor sleeping and bathing. Do not take these items to the beach. Please do not use towels for fish rags or for cleaning boats or vehicles.
FURNITURE: Please do not rearrange the furniture. Do not take deck furniture off of the property. If an umbrella is provided, please do not leave unattended or use in windy weather. Please do not leave umbrella open upon departure.
RESTROOM RULES: Do not dispose of feminine products, paper towels, baby wipes or any other items other than toilet paper in the toilet. Septic systems and water treatment plants cannot handle these products and will cause the sewage system to back up.
MAINTENANCE/DAMAGES: We do our best to be sure that everything in the camp is in proper working order. Please contact us if something is broken or needs immediate attention. If something is accidentally broken, please let us know so that it can be repaired or replaced prior to the next guest.
AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING: Do not set thermostats below 68 degrees. In hot weather, set air conditioning to 78 degrees upon your departure. Window units should be set on the lowest setting. Do not turn off the air conditioning system. In cold weather, turn off central heat and space units.
LIABILITY: The owner/manger is not liable to renter, or to renter’s employees, patrons and visitors, or to any other person for any damage to person or property caused by any act, omission or neglect of renter or any other tenant of the described demised premises, and renter agrees to hold owner/manager harmless from all claims for any damage whether the injury occurs on or off the premises.
Renter assumes responsibility for the conditions of the premises. Owner/Manager will not be liable for any injury caused by any defect therein to the renter or anyone on the premises who derives his right to be thereon from the renter.
- Place TV remotes on the top/side of the TV
- Leave used towels on floor in bathroom. Do not leave wet towels on carpets.
- Wash Dishes/Turn Dishwasher on
- Remove all food from refrigerator, freezer and cabinets
- Return tables, chairs, barbecue pits, boil pots to the areas where you found them
- Fish cleaning station/BBQ Pit/Boil Pot needs to be cleaned. Please be sure to turn gas to propane tank off
- Turn off all lights
- If camp has pier, turn lights off
- Bag and remove all garbage to outside bins
- Set unit to 80° upon departure
- Lock camp upon departure
- Return key to lock box & scramble numbers. An additional charge of $50 per key will be assessed for missing keys.
- Please call housekeeping when leaving ALL UNITS @ 985-309-0395 —– EXCEPT Little Bit of Paradise UNIT CALL 985-705-7321
PLEASE READ ALL POLICIES INCLUDING THOSE EMAILED TO YOU AND THOSE ON THIS SITE CAREFULLY. BY PAYING FOR A RENTAL, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL CONDITIONS AND POLICIES.
We take VISA and MASTER CARD, including debit cards. We also take check by phone payments. 50% of entire rental is due at time of booking and will be charged to your credit card. Entire remaining amount will be charged to your card 21 days prior to arrival. If paying by check, credit card is required for the security deposit and the check must be received within 5 days of booking. If booking within 21 days of reservation date, entire amount must be charged to a credit card. All bookings will have a $50 reservation processing fee that is non refundable. Please note pricing is subject to change throughout the year. All pricing is based on owner contracts.
All reservations are firm
Hurricane: FULL REFUND minus a $50 reservation processing fee will be granted In the case of a Mandatory hurricane evacuation ordered by the Mayor of Grand Isle. If you cancel and your reservation re-books, we will refund total paid minus a $50 reservation processing fee
PET POLICY (PET FRIENDLY HOUSES ONLY)
Any guest found with a pet in a property that is not pet friendly will be required to vacate the premises without refund. This is strictly enforced.
- Size, Age, Fees, Etc:
1. The only type of animals allowed are dogs.
2. May not exceed 25 lbs without approval.
3. Must be at least 1 year(s) of age or older.
4. Must be spayed or neutered.
5. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations.
6. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
7. A non-refundable “Pet Fee” of $50 will apply per each pet.
- General Pet Rules:
1. Clean up after your dog, in public areas and in yard of your rental property.
2. Do not allow your dog to bark excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties, excessive barking dogs must be removed from property.
3. Must be leashed at all times in common areas.
4. Not allowed on furniture at any time. (Extra charges may be incurred).
5. Not to be left unattended on balcony, patio, porch or indoors.
- No Responsibility:
1. Homeowner and Island Realty LLC assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
2. The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
3. If a pet is found to be in a home, but not listed on the reservation, the applicable Pet Fee will be immediately applied for each pet for the entire length of stay, provided the home is pet friendly.
4. If the home is not pet friendly the pet must be removed and special cleaning fees will be applied to the guest credit card on file. If you must leave us as well, no refund for the rental will be given.
5. Cost of damages made by pet will be charged to credit card on file. Pictures and report will be provided to tenant.
THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING OUR RENTAL CLIENT’S PROPERTY!
Have a great time, stay safe and enjoy the island!